3/14/2011

Shalom!

Last night I got to go to the 2011 Kosher Food and Wine Experience at Pier 60 at the Chelsea Piers in NYC. My uncle distributes Colombian and Dominican rums and tequilas and featured his products during the spirit tasting portion of the night. I got to taste lots of kosher wine and eat lots of kosher food! It was great experience because although I have many Jewish friends, I have never been so indulged in the culture. I learned about what makes a dish kosher and how certain restaurants and catering companies keep their kitchens kosher. It completely changed my view on what kosher food is and how it tastes.
Favorites included but were not limited to:
Domaine du Castel - "c" Blanc Chardonnay (2007)
Herzog Wine Cellars - Reserve Zinfandel (2006)
Weinstock - Pink by W (2009) and White Zinfandel (2009)
Beaumes de Venise - Muscat (2006)
Ovadia Estates - Barolo (2004)
Schmerling/Binyamina - Sour Apple Liqueur (THIS IS SOOOO GOOD!! A MUST TRY)

I probably sound so snooty.. BUT if you were there you would have enjoyed yourself too :)
Lesson Learned: Kosher food is yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment