3/24/2011

The Butterfly Circus

Another short film review. The previous one I watched was dramatic and action packed. This one is feel good and insightful. "The Butterfly Circus" was written by Joshua and Rebekah Weigel, a couple dedicated to the creation of meaningful and inspirational films.  It was shot in only 12 days and focused on the struggles of a limbless man named Will. Who is played by Nick Vujicici, who is not an actor, but travels the world as an inspirational speaker for his non profit organization "Life Without Limbs". Will is befriended by the Butterfly Circus ring leader, played by Eduardo Verastegui. Verastegui's previous work includes "Chasing Papi" and "Bella". I love this film because it is a simple concept, and I have also found I am fond of short films. The butterfly circus is only 20 min long.

Awards
Clint Eastwood Filmmaker Award - 2010 Carmel Art & Film Festival
Grand Prize - 2010 Doorpost Film Project
Best Short Film and Audience Favorite - 2010 Heartland Film Festival 
Best Short Film - 2010 Feel Good Film Festival
Best Short Film and Best Actor - 2010 Method Film Festival
Best of Show - 2011 Fargo Film Festival
Best Short Film and Audience Favorite - 2011 Sedona Int'l Film Festival

I highly suggest you watch this film. It is very feel good and inspirational and fully worth your time. I wanted to take my lesson from the movie... but then I would ruin it. So instead, Lesson Learned: "Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.” - Albert Einstein



No comments:

Post a Comment