3/23/2011

#9 - Go to DisneyWorld

Growing up in Los Angeles, DisneyLAND was a staple. I would go 3-4 times a year easily. But, Disneyworld was never of interest to my family, so trips east to Florida were never planned. Beyond the lack of interest from those around me in CA, I have always wanted to see many of the Disney parks around the world, especially Disneyworld.Therefor this trip has been on my bucketlist since day one. This is the first list item I get to cross off and share with you all this year!

I prepared by making a special top for the adventure featuring mickey ears on our school's mascot.
So this is the rides we went on and their comparison to the equivalent ride at Disneyland
Splash Mountain - no difference from DL
Space Mountain - 10x better than DL (seemed less outdated. faster?)
Mad Teacups - no difference from DL (still same sickness)
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin - much more lame than DL (DL has different point levels for targets and easier guns to shoot)
Peter Pan's Flight - no difference from DL
It's A Small World - DL kicks DW's butt with this one (the It's a Small World skyline at DL is majestic, also the ride at DL features many favorite Disney characters added to the scenes in the ride)
Bug Thunder Mountain Railroad- no difference from DL
Pirates of the Caribbean - no difference from DL
Haunted Mansion - slighty better than DL (it had all of the detail of DL but a few extras that made it special)
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress - Better than DL (at DL there is a rotating feature ride like this but it is called Innoventions. A completely different setup featuring the future of technology)

For a short trip Disneyland is better and is more bang for your buck. You can thoroughly see both Disneyland and California Adventure with a park hopper pass. These two parks together feature almost all of the ride that all 4 Disneyworld parks feature but in closer proximity and for less money.

For a longer (1 week) trip. Disneyworld is the way to go. You can spend your time exploring the entire world (all 4 parks). You will spend more money especially with a resort package and all of that food you have to eat. But it would make for a very memorable trip.
This concludes my review and comparison of the two parks. Everyone I was with at the time got especially sick of my constant comparison. So I am officially through being a Disney critic. But I will say..... Lesson Learned: I'm staying biased. DISNEYLAND ALL THE WAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment