3/14/2011

All I Do is Win Win WIn

I love winning. A lot. Competition is in my blood, and losing stays out of my vocabulary. But what about something where you have no control over the outcome? This is the case with raffles, lotteries, gambling etc. So of course I always think I can win with all of this stuff too. Fact of the matter is I mostly break even. No losing, but no winning either. BUT! the lack of a win does nothing to my determination, because I always at least try. (Some call it a gambling problem, but I call it determination HAHA) I went to a Nets game, and upon arriving in the arena I fill out a little paper to be entered in a raffle to win something, with the reasoning, "You always have to fill these things out because you never know if you're going to win!" right? I got a message yesterday saying i won the raffle and to call back to hear about my prize. YES! I call back and I won an ALL EXPENSES PAID TRIP FOR TWO ON A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS!!!......................BUT! I had to be 21 (check!) I had to pay the taxes on the cruise (ok fine its like 200 bucks) (check!), I had to come in to pick up the tickets and sign some stuff (no brainer!) (check!) AND, you have to have a salary of at least $25,000/year.. WHAT! I am a friggin college student I barely have a part-time minimum wage job! (NO CHECK!) Where I should be mad... I was actually still quite excited. Because I still won! Lesson Learned: You can win but also lose, and still be ok with it
Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment